Wednesday 1 May 2013

Evidence of filming - Band shots

As I was in the band I was unable to take the video for the band shots. But, I was able to help with the direction of the camera, the lighting and the equipment that we were going to use.

We have used a handheld dolly camera to make the band shots fluid throughout the video. The location that we decided to go with was the dance studio, as we were able to control the lighting, which made each band member stand out more. The dance studio also helped to create the sense of isolation with the black background and just the small glimpses of light. We took each shot several times in order to get different angles, lighting effects etc. Which allowed us to choose from a wider selection of shots. I also helped to look at the storyboards and say how to take the next shot, which angle, movement etc.

Below is a video showing me helping to set the drums up, as of course I do not have images of me filming as I was in the band:



No comments:

Post a Comment